Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Slashdot.org

Journal vees's Journal: Warning to Tor users.

A few months ago I ran a Tor relay node with no exits for anonymized web traffic. Apparently as a result of being on the Tor directory listing, Slashdot admins decided to ban my home IP from being able to login. Because my cookie has been valid since then, I didn't notice until a few weeks ago when it got wiped. I'm now banned from my primary IP address, so when my cookie expires I am no longer able to login.

I had a short e-mail volley with Robert Rozeboom where he told me that they had no logs or idea what I had done wrong. I maintained that my system had always been secure from abuse and if they couldn't document it, I couldn't refute it. So my IP stays banned, and I am no longer a participant here.

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Warning to Tor users.

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...