I haven't written in a while, so I thought I'd do a cool one today. This journal entry is all about users who made it difficult to view their user page. Clicking on a regular link of their name will take you to Slashdot's 404 page. The reason is that each name has a forward slash in it, which makes it into a non-existent URL. I believe Slashdot must have changed its username filter because all of the names have fairly low UIDs.
I found too many of these to list in one journal, so I'll just throw out some that I think are interesting. Here they are in UID order (with links that will actually work):
- rm -rf / (19757): Don't do it! You have too much to live for! (No wait, this is Slashdot.)
- / (33804): NoDot.
- call/cc (63564): Shift! Reset!
- 10/6 (99229): Why is a raven like a writing desk?
- 4/3PI*R^3 (102276): But what about surface area?
- 4/3PI*R^3 (102278): Notice anything odd about this entry and the last?
- |/\|00|y-/\/\a/\/\0t (106204): Username truncation strikes again.
- D  \/ D (155168): I have no idea. But it looks cool.
- http://gunk.net/ (171788): The only web address username that I've seen. Unfortunately, now defunct.
- !@#$%&^*123?/ (182610): UIDs 182611, 182612, and 182614 look similar. Cat walking on a keyboard? Perl? Who knows.
- \\x/hite \\/ampire (185046): Be careful what you say about vampires.
- Bored S/W Engineer (186788): Slashdot's main demographic: the bored at work.
Did I miss any that you think are cool? Post it and spread the love.