Turns out that from our end, it was nothing.
We rode out the storm; mostly wind, a bit of light rain, and some green lightning (I was unable to get a picture of it--boo!), and that was it.
Saturday, the cable was out, so no TV or internets. We drove back to our place, hauling back the cans and water.
- A handful of trees had lost limbs,
- One abandoned car dealership's canopy was torn from its mounts and was lying on the ground,
- A store's fabric sign was ripped,
- Two large flags (10-15 ft/3-4.5 m in width) were ripped and the ends were tattered, and
- There were a billion leaves on the ground.
No mass destruction here, and the end result was (besides the green lightning) no worse than a normal Spring storm... in summer.
It is still as hot as hell (~90 f/32 c), so we didn't even get a