- ...new Power Macs will be unveiled tomorrow
- ...I'll be upgrading my current system
- ...I have more than one promising job prospect on the horizon
- ...I beat Terrans using Protoss in StarCraft, against the computer (okay, I'm notsogood). I've been trying this for a while - my offensive technique is, well, offensive.
- ...I get to celebrate "Victory Day", because Rhode Island is the one state in the nation that still does. It used to be "Victory over Japan Day" or just "VJ Day," but apparently the "Japan" part was just too in-your-face and they took it out. Because of course it's not too in-your-face to still celebrate the actual day. No sir.
It will be interesting to see which price points Apple chooses for their new systems - if they keep them the same and hope that the new features still attract buyers, or if they drop them a bit to spur sales in a slow economy. Either way, I think it was wise to wait - I'm expecting at the very least faster processors (of course), a new enclosure design, faster RAM (DDR), perhaps 8x AGP, GF4 Ti standard on some configurations, larger standard HD capacities, and even (if the rumor sites are right) new mouse and keyboard models. If this mouse is a two-button jobbie, the
Rumor also has it that Jaguar has been let out of the cage - perhaps these new models will also ship with it standard. That would save me about $20, which is always nice. I'd just put it toward the $50
Is anyone reading this? Feel free to comment. I think I'm talking to empty air, though.