Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
So quick, does anybody know the secret recipe to having an autistic kid? Cause I could use a few extra bucks courtesy of the american taxpayer right about now.
But hey, have you seen those motherfucking MAGNET BRACELETS they sell at the mall/flea markets? They're supposed to cure anything. So therefore, if I have magnets flowing through my blood, the effects should be even stronger!
Sign me up!
they fumble around lighting the smoke in the first place, take their eyes off the road to tap off the ash and if you drop it in your lap you bounce around trying to avoid it
. 95% of the time, when I light a smoke in the car I don't even look at it, my hand's are just used to positioning themselves where they are needed. The other 5% of the time, I'm smoking 100's, which are longer than what I'm used to. Additionally, unless I'm driving a vehicle which is different from the one I usually drive, I'm similarly accustomed to ashing either out the window or in the ashtray without looking. It's not a distraction, unless you're an idiot and drop the damn thing in your lap; in which case you swerve uncontrollably trying to put it out. However, this has never happened to me, nor has it happened when I have been a passenger in a car. This leads me to think that it is somewhat rare.
If the commercials are actually funny
If you do end up watching them on YouTube, then the advertisers will still have succeeded. They care less about where there ads are viewed, just the number of eyeballs viewing them. The reason they focus on the Superbowl is that it's a media extravaganza, and the ads are a big deal, simply because they're in the superbowl. So, a superbowl ad will more likely have more views on YouTube than just some random ad from TV.
That's just the good old All-American tradition of coming up with euphemisms for everything. What we now know as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder was once known as shell shock. Being a fatass is now obesity. Old people are senior citizens. Now lab-rats are called 'animal models'. It's a vicious cycle designed to protect middle-class Americans from anything they might think is even remotely scary.
Coming at the back of reports of fake boxed Intel CPUs , that's pretty believable. The Chinese are obviously comfortable about counterfeiting everything from milk powder to eggs. What's a processor to them? Whether Intel actually supports their activities is something for all Slashdotters to ponder..."
Link to Original Source