Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Communications

Submission + - Verisign trying to wheedle out of Open Access rule (scrawford.net)

quarterbuck writes: "Verisign earlier this year won the Spectrum auction for 700Mhz transmissions while agreeing to provide open access to all users wanted to connect to its network. Professor Susan Crawford of University of Michigan/ Yale is saying that they are now saying No! to open access . Using a loophole in the rulebook, they are going to choke the access to non-verisign phones. Google had earlier promised a minimum bid of 4.6 billion just to keep the spectrum open ."

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...