Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter


Forgot your password?

Comment Re: It's malice, not stupidity - here's proof (Score 1) 358

If you read the AT&T writeup on what to do with annoying calls here you will see that every branch of this decision tree ends with "you should change your phone number", "you should notify FCC or authorities" or "it may be annoying, but it is probably completely legal and we can do any thing about it". This connotes that the decision was made by AT&T to basically tell it's customers, "it's your problem, not ours".

Comment Bottom Line - They MUST disclose! (Score 1) 425

Exactly. Comcast is doing this without disclosing it. It is selling a product and not disclosing it's limitations to the buyer, while still claiming it is 'unlimited'. As a Comcast customer (no other viable choice), I feel that they can throttle all they want, but MUST tell me exactly what is limited (BT, FTP?, Netflix?, iTunes?) so that I can make an informed decision if I want to keep this service. Right now I can only speculate what is limited.

Who knows, maybe they are selectively limiting bandwidth to particular sites, thus making them look bad. Maybe it's other on demand movie sites, which would be a REALLY shifty competitive practice, as they cant seem to offer a decent on demand movie product themselves.

Bottom line, they must disclose the particulars of their filtering/shaping to their customers.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.