Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment they'll need more... a lot more (Score 1) 570

assuming a perp uses a password from a set of 26 letters to choose from, it will take roughly two minutes to brute-force an 8-letter or fewer password with 40 Ps3's. (26^8 + 26^7 + ...) / (40 * 4 * 10^7). wow, that's great! but....

assuming a set of approximately 90 characters to choose from, it will take approximately a month :(

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...