Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
I believe millions of Jains would beg to differ - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism
F5 has been placing their traffic management software on top of Linux for years.
[root@f5-x:Active] config # uname -a ; rpm -qi tmsh | grep Vendor
Linux f5-x.corp.local 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5.1.0.f5app #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 19:23:04 PDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Version : 10.2.0 Vendor: F5 Networks, Inc.
That's my question as well. What level of logging is acceptable?
- httpd access logs and mail syslog messages
- Source addresses to destination 80/tcp and 25/tcp
- IP headers that hit a mail or web server
- Full packet captures for all daemons
- Full packet captures of all traffic
This is not very well thought out. There are so many ways to proxy, encapsulate and encrypt traffic, logs would be useless.
In San Francisco, 75k is not a very comfortable salary.