The only issue that matters anymore is the restoration of the voting franchise. We need to:
- eliminate PACs and SuperPACs
- limit contributions to individual, human contributions only, capped to $1000 per person
- outlaw gerrymandering and require an immediate redistricting such that, except for districts on state lines, no district has a concave border.
- functional, tamper-proof, open source voting machines that issue paper records of the votes cast must be in sufficient supply and for a sufficient time period that everyone in the district will be able to vote
- No ID card is required, but the person voting must be on the roll for the polling station they are assigned to and they must give a thumb print and sign their name.
- No penalties for honest voter registration drives; heavy penalties for fraudulent practices during voter registration drives.
- failure to provide adequate access to the voting process is grounds for heavy fines and overturning of the election results.
And don't just pass a set of laws -- pass an Amendment to the Constitution. Because the vote of the people is the most essential part of the foundation of our form of government, and it has been seriously eroded over the last few decades to the point where well-financed parties seriously believe, and rightly so, that they can sway elections and deform our laws and regulations to suit their interests alone.
When the voice of the people is restored, when we are truly once again a government of, by, and for the people rather than the top 0.001%, everything else will fall into line.