Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment Re:We weren't the first (Score 1) 277

More important - the most powerful cosmic rays we've detected (and we've only been looking for about 50 years) has something like 50 times more useful energy than anything we're likely to produce in a collider in the next 10 years. Since the Earth is still in one piece after lots of similar events over its 4.5 billion year history, we're in no danger of harming it with particle colliders any time soon.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...