When I voted "manners", I was thinking of things such as:
* Being quiet in a movie theater. Believe it or not, but some people are there for the movie.
* Not ignoring the world around you when you are shouting into your cell phone on the subway. Yes, you are in the way and I don't want to know about your genital warts.
* Not throwing garbage on the sidewalk. Don't think that someone else will be picking it up for you.
* Not lighting a cigarette in the middle of a crowd of people. You are not giving them a choice to not smoke.
* Keeping your mouth closed when you are chewing gum. Not everyone has the same choice of air flavor as you.
* Not playing music loudly in the middle of the night. Unlike you, most people sleep during the night and need to do it to be able to work during the day.