Want your Start button back? Don't worry... there's an app for that.
Those plants are pretty primitive. We're talking generation 1 reactors here. They probably don't want to release the footage, lest the population discover how many Neanderthals were killed in the blasts.
A good alternative for them is Android, which is (as far as I know) more open, less expensive and more popular. They're a business, so why would they choose a closed, more costly and less popular mobile OS?
Things like this really need to be open source. I'm not just talking about the source code, but the dialog too. Parents need to know what sort of things it's going to say. Last thing I'd want to hear coming out of it's mouth is "IBM is the Light".
I wonder what his response would be if the question was not about outsourcing help desk staff, but rather about outsourcing newspaper columnists.
All Mayor browsers will have WebM support? Darn it. We don't have a Mayor, just an Council Prefect.
To point out that Luc Montagnie is a Nobel Prize winner is just setting up for an argument from authority. I am reminded of Linus Pauling and his Vitamin C mega-dosing.
I especially like the nice touch at the end, where they put the name of the insurance aggregator that Bruce Wayne uses when he's shopping around for... hey, wait a minute...
I'm not a laywer, but as long as corporations keep their software patents and copyrights enforced, this will be a difficult task. It may take hundreds of hours of research and hard work to develop a virtualisation or emulation platform, but if Nintendo or Sony don't like the idea, then they can legally stop you, regardless of your motives.
At what point can turning off a brain-like computer be no longer called 'shutdown', but instead be called 'death'?
Just because it is 95% water does not mean it is necessarily safe for human use. Aside from a little clay, what is the rest of that 5% of 'organic material'? Formaldehyde is an organic material, and I would not want that put into my body in any great quantity.
It sounds to me like some Navy chief forgot to secure his home wifi access point, and someone leeched his Internet service or grabbed files from his Windows shares. "If these cyber-crooks are smart enough to hack my internets over the wireless, then maybe we can use some of Uncle Sam's loyal boys to do the same to those darn commies!"