The "fiscal cliff" legislation passed this week included $76 billion in special-interest tax credits for the likes of General Electric, Hollywood and even Captain Morgan. But these subsidies weren't the fruit of eleventh-hour lobbying conducted on the cliff's edge -- they were crafted back in August in a Senate committee, and they sat dormant until the White House reportedly insisted on them this week.
Did I say Republicans? Well, they voted on it, to be sure, but read the whole soiled diaper and re-examine 'put' in the title.
Standing by for pro-forma denunciations about how
- all the evil is on the Right,
- the Examiner is a partisan source,
- Bush did it too, and there was insufficient resistance, so the Democrats get a pass,
- it's racism to question our Ruling Class overlords,
- this is just karma running over centuries of white male Christianist dogma, and
- Shut up!
from The Usual Suspects in 3...2...