Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment People here, on Reddit, and the Western media (Score 0, Troll) 131 131

were ready to blast China again. But of course it's the American and Western imperialists at work, the CIA/MI6 up to their nefarious ways as usual. But of course, Western hypocrites and Slashdot/Reddit anti-China hate brigade, your team can never commit a foul while everything the other team does is a foul, right?
Google

Google Warning Gmail Users On Spying From China 215 215

Trailrunner7 writes "Google is using automated warnings to alert users of its Gmail messaging service about widespread attempts to access personal mail accounts from Internet addresses in China. The warnings may indicate wholesale spying by the Chinese government a year after the Google Aurora attacks, or simply random attacks. Victims include one leading privacy activist. Warnings appeared when users logged onto Gmail, encountering a red banner reading, 'Your account was recently accessed from China,' and providing a list of IP addresses used to access the account. Users were then encouraged to change their password immediately. Based on Twitter posts, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the accounts that were accessed, though one target is a prominent privacy rights activist in the UK who has spoken out against the Chinese government's censorship of its citizens. A Google spokesman declined to comment on the latest warnings specifically. The company has been issuing similar warnings since March, when it introduced features to identify suspicious account activity."

Comment There will never be democracy in China (Score 0, Flamebait) 249 249

The day there is "democracy" in China, there will be an American flag flying over Tiananmen Square, and that day will never come in a million years. "Democracy", "freedom", and "human rights" are merely code words for American imperialism. They will freely support brutal dictators when it suits their interests, while discrediting and undermining free elections that result in an unfriendly government. Remember Osama bin Laden and Mullah Omar were once on the CIA's payroll and lauded as "freedom fighters", while Saddam Hussein was once a staunch American ally. But the American Empire will never succeed in conquering China.

Comment Brin is a useless douchebag (Score -1, Flamebait) 249 249

How the hell does someone who is 6 years old know anything about what's going on around them anyway, especially issues of politics and governance? All he knows is what his parents told him, and given that they defected they were probably traitors anyway.

Microsoft gets it. You will follow our laws if you want to do business in our country, otherwise you can GTFO. If Brin wants to lose money on purpose for a farcical and irrelevant cause, he can do so by all means. Google's shareholders won't be so happy with him.

Comment Google will never win (Score 1) 368 368

They will follow our laws, or they won't be doing business in our country. If they want to leave their 30% market share behind, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Baidu has the other 70% and will gladly take the 30%.

If they want to holler "human rights" and make up random junk about hackers, then they can GTFO. We will not knuckle under to a foreign corporation and give them extraterritoriality. The time for that has passed by more than 60 years. Google needs us more much more than we need them, although that's not saying much since we don't need Google at all.

Complaining that China is not "open politically" or other such garbage is simply a code word for saying that China refuses to submit to American imperialism. I support that 150%. China will never again be the lapdogs of the West. Long live the People's Republic of China!

Comment Google will never win (Score 1) 432 432

They will follow our laws, or they won't be doing business in our country. If they want to leave their 30% market share behind, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Baidu has the other 70% and will gladly take the 30%.

If they want to holler "human rights" and make up random junk about hackers, then they can GTFO. We will not knuckle under to a foreign corporation and give them extraterritoriality. The time for that has passed by more than 60 years.

Comment Google needs China, not the other way around (Score -1, Flamebait) 533 533

Baidu can just take over the other 30% market share it doesn't have, but Google loses quite a bit of revenue.

I wonder how the next Google stockholder's meeting will go if Google leaves, how can the Board answer the question of why the stockholders' interests (i.e. profits) were blatantly compromised for empty, useless proclamations of "human rights?"

Google will cave because they need us and we don't need them. "Human rights" are a ridiculous non-issue. Nobody in power in the world actually cares at all, they just use it to rile up their own people against foreign governments. When push comes to shove stuff will get done and "human rights" will not get in the way.

Comment HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Score 1, Funny) 103 103

I guess Google couldn't live without it's 25% market share in China. Clearly it needs the cash. We don't need Google, but Google needs us, and that's a fact.

All you morons who thought Google would actually cause China to cave and not the other way around, how does that crow taste?

Also, what a retarded article summary, clearly if they didn't follow our laws we were going to kick them out of China, the "concrete action" the summary refers to. The implicit threat of this was obviously enough for them to cave. Again, we don't need Google, but Google needs us.
Google

Experts Closing In On Google Attack Coders 141 141

ancientribe writes "The targeted attacks out of China that hit Google, Adobe, and other US organizations are still ongoing and have affected many more companies than the original 20 to 30 reported. Security experts now say they are getting closer to identifying the author or authors of the malware used to breach Google and other organizations."

Comment Hillary the China-Hater strikes again (Score 0, Troll) 235 235

How will she backpedal this time after we make menacing statements on how reliable we think T-Bonds are? How will Obama clean up her mess?

If you want to get real progress on the real issues between China and the United States (i.e. NOT HUMAN RIGHTS), keep Hillary out of it. We'd like to discuss and make progress on those issues but not when Hillary the irrational China-Hater is out there spewing garbage about "human rights".

Comment If by "corporate espionage" (Score 1) 515 515

you mean "couldn't outcompete Baidu", then you'd be right. Google is taking its ball and going home because they lost to Baidu. Watch Google pretend to be in favor of "human rights" when the issue is just that they lost in a capitalistic competition.

On a related note Hillary Clinton is an irrational China-hater. Watch Obama have to discreetly disavow what she says and end up making it up to us. If you want to actually get anything done with us rather than just pontificate for the sake of pleasing the China-hating segment of the electorate, then keep Hillary out of it.

Comment Enemy of my enemy is my friend? (Score 1, Troll) 253 253

Funny how the Cold War "enemy of my enemy is my friend" train of thought induces supposed defenders of freedom and liberty (i.e. Americans and the West) to support a brutal dictator (the Dalai Lama) who would impose slavery, poverty, and theocracy on Tibet and its people, and who would try his damnedest sell out Tibet to the British just so he can continue lording and abusing the area as his personal fiefdom. Also, I didn't know Apple had to pay in grade school directors for following Chinese laws.

The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to work.

Working...