Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment Ask for reimbursement (Score 1) 281

Have you asked to have the fees covered? When my company began asking me to handle areas of the business that I wasn't prepared for I requested a graduate degree so I could gain the skill set. They agreed to pay for tuition. I would pay for books and attend class in the evening. I could study whenever so long as I got my duties done. I would not sever employment or get fired for negligence for 2 years after receiving a reimbursement check or I would pay back 100% from 0 - 1 years or 50% from 1 - 2 years. Also, reimbursement was based on performance; 100% for an A, 80% for a B, and 50% for a C. My company was concerned I would take my new skill set and shop around for new employment so the agreement give them some protection and a chance to recoup their investment.

Comment Re:Cray blood (Score 1) 272

Couldn't you just use a silicone fluid like Dow Corning 200 Fluid? It's available in a wide range of viscosities to suit your pumping, flow, and evaporation requirements. We use it as a medium for Dk and Df testing on microwave lamiantes. http://www.dowcorning.com/applications/search/products/?Ntt=200&N=0&Ntx=mode+matchany&WT.svl=3&Nty=1&Ntk=ProductFinder_en

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...