I've still got my grandfathered plan. Keeping it didn't involve 'fighting' at all. In fact, I recently got unlimited nation wide calling, too.
Hope you like what you have. Here at t-Mobile, I get:
* Free tethering
* Unlimited nationwide calls/text
* Unlimited roaming (4G/text/call) in CA and MX
* Unlimited calls to 70 countries including landline and cellphones ($10 total for all 10 lines on my plan)
* Unlimited 3G data roaming in 140 countries
* Data Stash (unlike ATT's data roaming) - so on months where I travel a lot, I still have LTE well over your monthly cap of 22GB. Other months I don't even use 2GB and accrue the rest.
* HD Voice since 2013
* Wifi calling since last year.
* Music freedom - all data for streaming music (almost all providers) doesn't use LTE quota.
* All my lines get 2.5GB min base, and I upped to 4.5GB+Stash for $10.
(I'm probably missing some of the uncarrier benefits that have accrued).
I pay $245/mo (incl. all fees/etc).
The history is that since 2013 I have paid ZERO overage. I've paid for some calls from Europe when I visited, but I also had free data there too. My history with both ATT and VZ has been at least one month of overage every 3mo or so - and that's with me watching the bills like a hawk.
The billing is so constant, I just ask my family/friends who are on the plan to pay $150/yr for their subscription + BYOPh and it's been smooth sailing for all of us.
TMobile is like being in 2005 and having gmail when everyone else had hotmail/yahoomail. Makes me a bit smug, to be honest.