What if Elon gave the AF the bird and started selling the Falcon 9 to the ESA and India? Would the AF back down then?
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
I completely agree...but isn't this what you are also doing too?
I don't think there's a need to feel remorse for ridding society of someone about whom otherwise never give another thought, but who comes to our attention for being a satisfied murderer of innocent people. Supporting the removal of that person from existence isn't the same as wanting to kill anyone.
Similar arguments have been used throughout history. Examples include the early years of the USSR, Andrew Jackson's reign of the US, and Hitler's reign of Germany. Sadly, history has a tendency to repeat itself.
Most decent companies, HR is just a first hurtle.
In any sensible company doing recruitment,...
My solution is sharks, with freaking lasers!
Headline says one (Antarctic) while the summary says the other (Arctic). It's like swapping the Tropic of Cancer with the Tropic of Capricorn....
And then over time the astronomical meaning of how we keep time goes astray.
By that logic, the astronomical meaning of how we keep time went astray when we implemented time zones.
Come on Sony, do you have the courage to distribute via your own entertainment network, or are you going to leave your PS customers out in the cold?
Consumers are cheap - this is evidenced by the number of consumers who never install a new version of Windows on their computers. How will Microsoft get people to subscribe when they buy a new computer?
Buy this new laptop for only $499!*
*Plus recurring $10/moy payments for the remainder of the computer's life
Yeah, that will sell like hotcakes....
Technically, it's not "on Earth", it's "in Earth".
I prefer "of Earth"
What's wrong with Wayland
Where to begin? Let's see....
... that Mir fixes?
I see what you did there!
I'm still on 10.6 or 10.7, but have they fixed the following bugs yet?
- UID 1000 is invisible/hidden at boot-up log-in selection. UID 500 and 1001 are visible, but for whatever idiotic decision, UID1000 requires typing in the username instead of clicking on it. Definitely hampers the WAF in my household.
- reintegrate MIT-Kerberos. Setting this up was an unnecessary PIA
...But how are you going to DDoS heartbeat.belkin.com if your captive computers are all behind Belkin routers?
Specs that matter:
Battery life (talk time/standby time/&c.)
Yield strength (can I run over it with my car?)
What's the nautical speed velocity of an unladen seal?
This is way too much effort, unless you happen to enjoy yanking some chains over the phone.
Here's how you quit Comcast:
(1) Disconnect every piece of Comcast equipment in your home.
(2) Load it in a box, and put the box in your car.
(3) Drive to the nearest Comcast customer center.
(4) Dump the box on the counter and tell the rep: "I wish to terminate my service immediately."
No one will argue with you. You have completely bypassed Comcast's customer retention process by doing this. Pay the amount due on your bill, get a receipt with a complete list of the equipment you've turned in, then go home.
The process Comcast has for this involves:
1) Finding a customer center that's open when you're available
2) Returning the equipment to the counter
3) Take a ticket
4) Wait 1+hrs while other people complain about their bills
5) Get confirmation from the customer service rep that your account is in good standing and now closed