Submitted the following, just hope it gets a posting, otherwise, forget it, I won't be wasting my time submitting
Here is a snippet from Xoops.org main site:
"The main XOOPS.org website has been hacked by a destructive hacker in order to destroy the open source spirit of the XOOPS community, and promote another project (without their consent!). We have stopped the hacker..."
The other project is XOOPSCube
Here is a list of some of the damage:
1. Xoops title changed to read, "When you look long into the abyss, the abyss looks long into you".
2. User's PM settings deleted.
3. PM's returned with, "Are you seeing what I'm seeing? yes, I can see... dead people."
4. Posts dated years ago are marked current.
5. Avatar and Rank images deleted.
6. Mikhail Miguel from Brazil, a former supporter recently banned, gets User ID 1.
Looks like there may be dissention in the ranks.
After just reviewing CMS, (Content Management Systems), I can say that this certainly raised a red flag for me.
Maybe it would be a good idea for sites like, http://www.opensourcecms.com/, to report this news and track projects with a history of security problems.