If the beta becomes the new, permanent interface, and the "classic" view is completely done away with, I will simply delete my account. I urge others who dislike beta to do the same.
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
- google maps
- yahoo maps
- msn maps (mapblast)
- rand mcnally
- Cowboy Neal is my guide
- Moderation System
- Typographical Erorrs
- their/there affect/effect who's/whose
- Duplicate Articles
- Duplicate Articles on the Front Page
- Cowboy Neal/CmdrTaco/Hemos/Zonk
- Right handed, mouse config'd for right hand
- Right handed, mouse config'd for left hand
- Left handed, mouse config'd for right hand
- Left handed, mouse config'd for left hand
- More than one of the above
- I don't use a mouse
- I don't have hands you insensitive clod!
I'm blatantly stealing a couple of other's ideas with this, but I'm going to start recording the story and poll submissions I make here. Starting with this:
Poll: Most Egregious Security Breach in Your Environment:
- Users are allowed to use the systems. And the e-mail. And the Internet.
- Who needs a firewall? Or who needs a firewall that inhibits productivity!
- What's this "AntiVirus software" you speak of, and why should I care if it's updated?
- If this password is good enough to be the Vendor's default, then it's good enough for me!
- Firmware updates? You can do that? On a router?
- Cowboy Neal plugs all my security holes
I read Slashdot because I want to stay informed, and this is as good a source for that as any, and better than a lot of others available on the 'Net. Being a computer programmer and systems admin, I have an appreciation of the perspective from which information is presented here. I have, on occasion, submitted a story I thought relavent to the Slashdot community. I will occasionally post a comment because I think I have something to add to the discussion. That's all.