But on the other hand, notch is already a millionaire, right?
Maybe he wants to start his own space program?
- Stakeholders do not understand KISS.
- Good designers that actually think about their design implementation are rare beasts. Most just draw whatever they like visually like.
- Again, stakeholders do not understand how responsive design works. They ask different for different things from desktop and mobile sites.
- As a result of things I listed above developers maintain two fairly different frontends.
- After a while stakeholders forget we have two versions of the website and plan new features with one (desktop or mobile) version in mind. Some developers just send them back to drawing board, some implement whatever they ask and add even more fragmentation.