You do not have to be religious to say "This will never be profitable. Lets subsidize this good old proven industry which creates jobs and wealth for all of us".
Go ahead if you can pay for using Deep Space Network: http://deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov/
I actually read TFA because it's too painful to stay here.
- Stakeholders do not understand KISS.
- Good designers that actually think about their design implementation are rare beasts. Most just draw whatever they like visually like.
- Again, stakeholders do not understand how responsive design works. They ask different for different things from desktop and mobile sites.
- As a result of things I listed above developers maintain two fairly different frontends.
- After a while stakeholders forget we have two versions of the website and plan new features with one (desktop or mobile) version in mind. Some developers just send them back to drawing board, some implement whatever they ask and add even more fragmentation.
No loss? In case of Lithuanian branch it'd be pure win for mental health of the readers. You have no idea how crap it is.
My doctor says it's OK for me to argue with myself as long as I wear a Bluetooth headset.
Yes, show your developers matter. I didn't realize this until I joined my current workplace. Asking for IDE license? (approx 1/20th of my monthly pay): "We'll look at that". Multiple times. Complaining your machine is crap? (laptop with 4 gigs of ram, maxed out): no reaction at all. Asking HR to purchase bicycle via cycle scheme?: "We'll look at that" (3 months now, not a single step taken). Needless to say I'm looking for a new place.
Next will be "questionable" sites like erowid.org.
...about explosive news from Washington. It's going to be a bomb when public knows it!
Yeah, I don't pay road tax via gasoline but that also means I pay a lot less to foreign countries for oil and spend more in local economy. Complaints about cyclists not paying road tax is bullshit.
I bet by the time those new passive radars are rolled out to production you will know 5G very well.
while your mom screams at you because you're late for dinner
Fixed that for you.
Until badly implemented ad-blocking proxy messes up websites you browse... I'd say leave it to browser side plugins like Adblock Plus.
Who will be the first to make a Puppet tutorial running multiple networked Linux instances in your browser?
Walled garden. That is all.