I certainly don't appreciate the off-color and rancid humor bellowing around this thread like a plague.
While I understand the role of levity and humor when contemplating our armageddon, I think a moment of serious discussion is in order here, you slackers.
The real danger here, in my considered opinion, is what happens when the inevitable occurs? A solar powered hornet mates with a shark. I'm sure many of you don't see this, but let me paint the following highly likely scenario:
1. Beach. Picnic. Very little breeze, about noon. Watermelon, ice tea, and some sweets.
2. As the cloud drift overhead, and some gentle music plays, as the light dances on the water a solared powered hornet (SPH) glances towards the water
3. There, in the water, is a shark, flexing his shark muscles and doing shark stuff
4. The hornet, smitten, buzzes over to the shark and there is a long, deep look between the two.
5. After a lovemaking session worthy of any major blockbuster porn flick, they leave, never to see each other again.
Fast forward whatever the gestational period for hornets is and you've got the ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE SCENARIO.
Screw wikileaks, friends - this is the story of the century.