From their press release:
What is Warsow?
Set in a futuristic cartoon-like world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying
cyberpunks roam the streets, Warsow is a completely free fast-paced first-person shooter
(FPS) for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Speed and movement, that's what Warsow is all about. Like a true cyberathlete you jump,
dash, dodge and walljump your way through the game. Grab those power-ups before your
enemy does, plant the bomb before anyone sees you, and steal the enemy's flag before anyone
knows what's going on!
A handful of popular gametypes come shipped with Warsow, like Capture the Flag, Team
Deathmatch, Clan Arena, Instagib and Duel. Warsow invites you to add to this list, by creating
your own custom gametypes with the brand new gametype scripting system!
What is new in 0.5?
After a long time of hard work, a few testbuilds and release candidates tested by the
community, Warsow 0.5 is here! Since the last release (0.42) major improvements, additions,
changes and tweaks have been made in the visuals, gameplay and engine features of Warsow.
Some of the changes:
- Weapon settings, armor settings and movement system have been tweaked and revised
- Weapons can stun players, making them unable to walljump for a short period of time after
- Warsow 0.5 introduces AngelScript gametype scripting, inviting everyone to create their own
- Warsow 0.5 has new maps, textures, playermodels, engine features, visual effects... even a
brand new weapon!
- Warsow 0.5 comes with new gametypes: Team Domination, Headhunt, Bomb & Defuse
The Tricks of Warsow
Beside classic tricks from the Quake scene (strafe jumping, double jumping and bunny
hopping) Warsow features its own set of Special Moves:
- Walljump: Use walls for powerfull rebounds (Special key next to a wall)
- Dash: Allows quick accelerations on the ground (Special key on the floor)
- Dodge: Allows quick and powerful sidesteps (Special key + strafe left/right)
- Ramp Slide: Allows unlimited Dash on ramps (Special key on a ramp)
- Double Dash Jump Combination of Dash and Doublejump (Special key on small ledge, followed by a jump)