it may be legal as lobbying and campaign donations. The 0.01% call it that. The remaining 99.99% of us call it bribery. The mask may say lobbying, but behind the mask is the spirit of bribery.
Juicy and damning info like this https://www.techdirt.com/artic...
Unless you find the right judge(s).
Once again, the industry giants managed to thwart innovation to maintain the status quo.
If a user has their Google Glass customized with prescription lenses, then forcing that user to remove the Google Glass in the theater or leave it in their car would violate the Americans with Disabilities Act and open the opportunity for a lawsuit against the theater and the MPAA
no more encrypted data streams. Watch identity theft skyrocket. Man in the middle attacks intercepting cleartext transactions and account info of every kind. Destroying everyone's livelihood. How is that public safety?
and for the rest of you flamers and trolls, this is a Q&A thread not a thread to personally attack another person. Take the insults elsewhere.
In simplest form. If company A patented 5+5=10. Then company B patented 20/2=10. Then company C patented Sqrt(100)=10. Would companies B and C be infringing company A's patent because it produces the same output. Even though the inputs and functions used are different. Based on what I read these days, that is what it sound like. If you produce the same output, even when the code is completely different, or even a different coding language, you are likely infringing the patent. Is this how bad software patents are.
Do you realize that 2015, the year in Back to the Future II, is right around the corner.
It has been legal to make personal backups here in the US for decades. They way big media circumvented that law was by lobbying for the DMCA and once passed, encrypt everything. Thus nullifying the law for the consumers.
Server 2012 R2, Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 4 GB DDR2, 3TB RAID 5 array all in a ridiculously heavy SuperMicro tower. I use mine for the media content my Roku accesses and backing up our three PCs. It also functions as a Domain, DNS, DHCP, File, and Print server for the 4 PCs, 2 laptops and 3 smartphones and 3 tablets.
true, I run various FTB mods. Have not played vanilla in quite a while.
My hope here is that the game is developed to go beyond java rendering. Even with a Core i7, the game hogs about 70% of the CPU and about 3.2GB of memory. On average. Utilize the GPU, Direct X, OpenGL. Something to make resource handling more efficient.
My favorite video game of all time and all platforms is Star Control 2. Released in 1992 on PC Favorite NES: Dragon Warrior 4. Favorit SNES: Tie! Super Mario RPG & Chronotrigger.
When I subscribed to Comcast a while back, there was a 4 day outage. By the second day, I found out that it was due to an attack on the DNS servers. So I went into the gateway and changed mine to Verizon's for the time being.