But how do you explain the 80% market share of Baidu?
Because its major competitor is suffering from blatant malicious QoS deterioration?
- Every 15 minutes, any attempt to access google is met with a reset. The blocking lasts 15 minutes, causing an artificial 50% downtime for ALL Google services.
- When the service is accessible, searching for a potentially 'inharmonious' word (including seemly innocuous false positives like 'carrot') resets the connection immediately and deny future access to Google for 5 minutes.
- Don't even THINK about using Google Search over SSL.
- G+ doesn't work. Well, neither does Facebook.
- Blog service (blogspot/blogger) doesn't work. In fact, searching for the word 'blogspot' resets the connection.
- Video service (Youtube) obviously doesn't work.
- No site managed by Google Sites works.
Oh, and I'm a native.