Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment: Re:Yay.. This is easy to imagine (Score 1) 322

by msmonroe (#47520813) Attached to: Microsoft's CEO Says He Wants to Unify Windows
This is a very interesting experiment these companies are performing on consumers.
Can these companies push what they want us to use and succeed in business? My guess would be no; but companies can and do manipulate markets and government regulations in their favor all the time. Is the business at the mercy of the consumer or is the consumer at the mercy of the business?
Maybe AT&T and Verizon will try and make an argument that charging for bandwidth is good for consumers? Maybe high bandwidth is a threat to homeland security in some way?
Microsoft can sue anyone that has a GUI interface for patent infringement or can buy a company that might be a threat. This is kind of what Apple did to them when Microsoft first came out with Windows.
Who know at this point, it will be interesting to see what the future holds!

Comment: Re:Oh please please please (Score 1) 220

by msmonroe (#47274875) Attached to: US Supreme Court Invalidates Patent For Being Software Patent
How specific do you need to be? You can still be pretty generic, for example with the one click button.
  • button on screen
  • code to run when button is clicked
  • storage of information related to button clicked by user in some storage place

I think this will just fuel the fire to completely do away with software patents.

Comment: Re:Nativism (Score 1) 234

by msmonroe (#47162545) Attached to: Tech Worker Groups Boycott IBM, Infosys, Manpower
No, No! Sorry I didn't mean your racist. I think I was trying to agree with you and add to your remark. Yeah I had a friend that lived in Japan and they portrayed the US as racist then they discriminated against any body who is not a native born person from Japan.

I think my anger was at Nativism because of the

"Tech worker groups" sounds suspiciously like whites and Asians to me. Why should these high-IQ groups receive advantages when so many other groups don't?

Comment: Re:Nativism (Score 1) 234

by msmonroe (#47160321) Attached to: Tech Worker Groups Boycott IBM, Infosys, Manpower

Nativism

"Tech worker groups" sounds suspiciously like whites and Asians to me. Why should these high-IQ groups receive advantages when so many other groups don't? They don't need any advantages, they already have them in the form of a culture that values education and two-parent families. It sounds a hell of a lot like racism to me. What would Maya Angelou say about the situation?

You're the racist man! I am surprised that no one has called you out on you're BS!

Comment: Re:Corporate outsourcing fraud permeates STEM sect (Score 2) 234

by msmonroe (#47160177) Attached to: Tech Worker Groups Boycott IBM, Infosys, Manpower
It's kind of a kick in the teeth to people who get a degree and/ or trained to get better paying jobs to further themselves. Get a degree and go into debt and then we will outsource your jobs overseas.
The funny thing at least in India a lot of the people that are working for hardly anything are just starting out or don't have experience. Experienced people in India don't want to work for nothing either.

Comment: Re:USA, the land of freedom (Score 1) 304

by msmonroe (#47054169) Attached to: Why Lavabit Shut Down
This guy might have been a dumb-ass; 90% of the government is incompetent anyway and the other 10% has their heads up their ass. I'd just give them the encryption keys then change the keys; you're supposed to change the keys every 30 days right? It's not my fault they didn't get the new keys. Or I would kick the cord loose on the box if it was hardware or whatever; it's not my fault if their incompetent. I'd make sure the sh*t didn't work right no matter what, while trying to follow the supposed "LAW".

Mathemeticians stand on each other's shoulders while computer scientists stand on each other's toes. -- Richard Hamming

Working...