Link to Original Source
As the article mentions Google ended up funding a number of Gaming projects. There are a total of 7 game projects and 5 game related projects for a total of over 40 slots.
The following game projects have been accepted,
- Battle for Wesnoth (projects), a very cool turn based strategy game in the theme of Heroes of Might and Magic.
- BZFlag (projects), the classic tank first person shooter game. One of the oldest open source games around!
- Linden Lab (projects), the makers of Second Life the largest "almost game like" online universe.
- ScummVM (projects), an engine which lets you play all the classic Lucas Arts games and many more!
- Thousand Parsec (projects), a framework for building 4x empire building games. Been around since 2001 and growing quickly.
- Tux4Kids (projects), a group of multi-platform open source educational games for children.
- WorldForge (projects), one of the original open source MMORPG which has even been mentioned on Slashdot multiple times (original called Altima).
We will also finally have a few more interesting games to actually play, including a clone of Risk in Space and a very interesting game called DroneSec. Finally, we should have some opponents for you to play against as 2 AI clients being developed for our premier RFTS ruleset.
The lack of a decent AI has long been one of the major complaints about strategy games (and being specifically poignant with Open Source Games). So why not come out and help fix the problem? With only a month left before entries must be submit everyone better get cracking!
Disclaimer: I'm one of the judges for the competition."