I have dealt with Time Warner Cable, specifically in New York City. I have also dealt with Comcast. I think this merger is a natural for them because of several factors:
- These companies are just like one another. They victimize the consumer.
- If they say they will come between the hours of 8:00 AM and 2:00 PM, they will tend to come past 3:30 PM.
- they will not be able to schedule you in again for another week, because you were not there when their technician called.
- If you call them for technical support for any problem, you are the problem and they treat you like you are.
- They both claim that degrading their signal actually helps you.
- Time Warner Cable and Comcast earned bottom-of-the-barrel scores in a consumer satisfaction survey published on May 20th, 2014.
- Both companies have blocked broadcasters on their networks because they have walked out on talks for fees for "retransmission consent."
- Neither company has actually tried to speed up Internet service in any significant way in over five years.
- The production company (NBC) owned by Comcast gets an unfair advantage over other broadcastersÃ"then uses that advantage to transmit nothing special or unique
I think they should rename the combined company "Crappy Cable Internet and Phone" which will appropriately re-define what the consumer is about to experience. Renaming themselves CCIP would be a positive step.