that one too
is mostly floppy.
An alternative theory for the same conclusion, which I favour because experimental data is more accessible is:
Climbing mountains implies the increase of possibility of falling to great depths. Which means that, statistically speaking, when you go to the mountain you have indeed less mass beneath you than if you walked and occasionally fell elsewhere, where the depth is lower, or in the sea, where you float in mass denser than air.
Gotta love science.
Let's connect the dots.
Recently a study says standby appliances cost billion of dollars.
The energy companies then study alternative ways to waste energy, since possible regulation may come soon.
At one board meeting, the CEO asks "So how can we squander more energy?" and a young guy hesitantly raises hand and says "There is that thing called bitcoin mining, people waste electricity to solve cryptograph..."
"OK, let's force consumers to mint whatevercoin NOW"
Nope, but a sudden increase of the time spent in the bathroom, or a decreased mobility, might be of interest for the medical insurance.
More accurate data is better data, and data is currency when mobile is involved, no matter if you believe in NSA plots or if you believe it's all about advertisement.
Of course Apple might be only in the process of refining the user experience. My optimum user experience would lie with a nokia n900-like fully programmable SDR with current hardware specs.
- What big GPS you have, granny!
- The better to track you with, my dear.
Don't worry, we still have nickelback and one direction.
"My sight is failing," she said finally. "Even when I was young I could not have read what was written there. But it appears to me that that wall looks different. Are the Seven Commandments the same as they used to be, Benjamin?"
For once Benjamin consented to break his rule, and he read out to her what was written on the wall. There was nothing there now except a single Commandment. It ran:
ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS
We have a winner.
If you send Celine Dion and Justing Bieber up on an incoming asteroid, it will steer away on its own.
The problem is removal of responsibility, which puts everyone in their own fluffy bubble where they can't be hurt nor they can do anything.
You don't go to Spain because you heard about the Spanish flu? Your loss, and an advantage for those who use their brain.
I am not letting anybody dictate how I must express myself, how I must think. What I do can have social repercussions, what I think or what I say (most of the time) are not business of societies that proclaim themselves free.
First it's about national security, then religious sensitivity, then normal sensitivity, then whatever is deemed offensive for whatever reason, then the truth dies.
Powershell is a shell written by programmers who have no understanding of what you want when administering a box.
Argumentum ad systemd.
Well grandpa, do you remember the HiFi craze? we wanted to completely simulate an orchestra, or whatever sound. Turns out that you can get easily to 95% of fidelity while the other 5% still makes the difference and can't be overcome, unless you spend insane amounts of efforts.
Look at this demo. Impressive, yes. Real, no way. At this stage I think we could convincingly fake a super8 movie, sure. So what? what for?
As usual, the hotly debated themes are ill structured, intentionally I guess.
The problem is not what the telecom companies should do about their packets.
The problem is that if you sell me INTERNET access I should be expecting:
- a way to send/get packets to all internet peers, at my own risk and responsibility
- an IP with the ability to open the ports I want
- if technically feasible, and now it is, symmetric band I/O
If telcos decide to meddle with anything above they should
- lose common carrier status and become co responsible.
- not call it internet. Youtubenet facebooklink flixnet for netflix or whatever, sell it at reduced price and get the new generation of imbeciles on board there and off the real net.
It's a win/win.
Back to topic, Rand Paul should focus on freedom of communication, which sidesteps this debate once and for all.
Gnome is also the most unpopular, I gather.
If being gay were being blond, the blond agenda is not "we are persons like you", but "all hair color is the same, don't talk about it", which is reactionary. I sure understand the historical reasons, but it becomes an exercise in controlling other people's ideas. Today it's gays, tomorrow who knows.