I would deploy IBM Domino
A company I worked at a few years ago used Domino. I thought it was a great proof-of-concept for some future groupware product, but not ready for real-world use. It was broken in so many ways! I saved my list of Domino issues, which I've included below. This is for Domino version 7, so some of these issues may be fixed in subsequent versions. But to be this broken as recently as five years ago (and after 16 years of development, too!) is unforgivable.
So, check out my list of issues, and decide whether this is a product you would want to deploy in your organization!
- Spell checker with mailer is lame. Better to have MS Word-style
- When using View -> Find in view, defaults in such a way that
deletes all entries when the user thinks they are deleting a single
entry. Virtually impossible to undo.
- When using View -> Find in view, can't delete individual e-mails.
(see previous). Messages that are de-selected disappear from the view.
- Really crappy mailbox search algorithm
- Very weak mailbox filtering capability (compared with procmail)
- Hard to gauge where to wrap lines when using so-called
`Internet-Style' messages. No automatic line wrap.
- When replying using `Internet-Style History', quotes sender
in message envelope rather than sender in `From:' field.
- "Show source" on e-mail message does not show message envelope.
- Won't display HTML content of messages . . . good that it doesn't
happen by default, but wish it were an option.
- View -> Show -> Source doesn't work for messages with no text in
the message body, so no way to view headers of empty spam messages.
- Message size bears little relationship to actual content.
- Very slow over low-bandwidth connection. Much more overhead than
- No multiple levels of undo -- can only undo last change
- When using find, it checkmarks all found messages. Then if you
highlight one and attempt to delete it, it delete all checked messages
*without prompting*. And no option to undo!
- When clicking on links in e-mail messages, unclear whether browser
has been launched. Mouse cursor doesn't change, as it does with
most other mail clients, unless you move it outside of the Notes window.
- Can't sort by date/title/etc in View -> Search this View in Tech Docs
- No Day of Week in Message. Month is numeric only.
- Mail Search is fucked. Try:
"Author contains Sender/Organization AND outgoing".
- When opening mail attachments, no option to select which application
- When opening mail attachments, cannot open an attachment with an
- Crashes when reporting certain messages to Symantec
- Cannot set different chimes for incoming mail. E.g. mail going to
group folder due to mail rule makes same chime as mail going into
- Can't cut-and-paste into mail rules.
- No log to see when messages are deleted by mail rules.
- Can't respond to a message in a "meeting accepted" / "meeting
declined" without cut-and-paste to a new memo.
- Copying a memo from a folder to a nested folder with the same name
causes a duplicate of the memo to appear in the original folder.
E.g. copy something from "Sent" to "Folders->Temp->Sent".