Basically it went like this:
1) Windows advanced user. Very frustrated.
2) Trying installing every other distro. Got Mandrake to sort of work but every time I would fuck something up and have to reinstall - just like windows. This not because I played too much with it but because I was trying to get to work some hardware or software that I was using in windows
3) Go to uni, see that my java professor used a mac and therefore if he's a programmer and uses a mac I can do it too.
4) Fall in love with mac, buy iBook -it works, it's great - bash/posix, pretty, good OS - buy new macbook to replace iBook, then buy various iPods (mini and then nano) airport express (remote speaker anyone?) and apple tv.
5) realize that remote speaker my ass, only via iTunes (perhaps quicktime too, not too sure)
6) hack to apple tv to watch divx and mount nfs drives.
7) get really pistoff when they REMOVED nfs and afs support from it and the mare fact I can't use my linux deskop as a source of anything (picture, music) - somethings not even hacking
8) fall in love with iPhonev.2 hardware and like the software but can't accept the IMPOSED limitations such as bt, filetransfer, basically angry that I have to jailbreak it (and therefore lose warranty) to get it to work like I like.
9) In the mean time Linux on the desktop become accessible (see ubuntu), I got just better on unix, config files as I started doing software development professionally.
11) Profit - back to Linux, and I hate how much I have to fight to get apple gadgets to work so skipping them.