Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
I'm guessing you weren't around in the 80's when the ONLY home PC was an Apple.
I'm guessing you weren't either.
- My laptop's external monitor's randr setting is currently --above because --left-of breaks the Intel video driver (Xubuntu 8.1 it caused complaints but worked, 9.04 it's performance is on par with a P-100 sporting a Cirrus 1mb video card)
- Every morning I have to open a terminal and ifconfig my network address because Network Manager refuses to save changes (which is a step up from 8.1, which wouldn't even save network settings)
- I have my 2 Windows partitions mounted in
- I don't know what the berry_charge kernel module does, but it doesn't charge a Blackberry so I had to dig out the AC adapter.
- When working with vector graphics, I have Illustrator installed in an XP virtual machine. Believe it or not, this is faster and more usable than Inkscape.
- If I want to commit, I need to exit and restart Eclipse if it's been open more than 10 minutes otherwise Subversive endlessly claims it's "Running..." while doing nothing
- It's nice xfce4-mixer in 9.04 lets me use my scroll wheel on it's icon to raise/lower volume, although I preferred 8.1 letting me use the volume keys on my keyboard
Sure it's a pain and there are many more I'm forgetting, but at least it's not Windows