Julie188 writes "Researchers in Nevada are reporting that waste coffee grounds can provide a cheap, abundant, and environmentally friendly source of biodiesel fuel for powering cars and trucks. Their study has been published online in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. Growers produce more than 16 billion pounds of coffee around the world each year. Scientists estimate that spent coffee grounds can potentially add 340 million gallons of biodiesel to the world's fuel supply."
I have one as well - the later versions (when purchased w/ cingular service), are EDGE compatible, and the speeds are VERY impressive. doing a speed test, I was able to get DL speeds of around 100kbps, which is fairly decent considering.
Here are some points about the phone (pros, and cons)
- p: solid - motorola despite any other problems makes some solid phones!
- p: good reception - I was able to get reception on this thing in a colo 2 floors underground (granted, this is also a result of Cingulars increased coverage, but still...)
- p: Macs can use them for a bluetooth modem (and with the EDGE capabilities mentioned above, it's quite nice)
- c or p?: it's got a rubberized coating, which is great while in hand, but horrible if you're trying to dig it out of your pocket, seeing as it sticks to the fabric
- c: horrible interface. I'm an interface nut, and motorola couldn't make a good one to save their life - looks like they're going Symbian in future phones, which will certainly help out
- c: voice recognition uses too short a sound bite time, so you can't save very memorable voice numbers