Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
Here are some points about the phone (pros, and cons)
- p: solid - motorola despite any other problems makes some solid phones!
- p: good reception - I was able to get reception on this thing in a colo 2 floors underground (granted, this is also a result of Cingulars increased coverage, but still...)
- p: Macs can use them for a bluetooth modem (and with the EDGE capabilities mentioned above, it's quite nice)
- c or p?: it's got a rubberized coating, which is great while in hand, but horrible if you're trying to dig it out of your pocket, seeing as it sticks to the fabric
- c: horrible interface. I'm an interface nut, and motorola couldn't make a good one to save their life - looks like they're going Symbian in future phones, which will certainly help out
- c: voice recognition uses too short a sound bite time, so you can't save very memorable voice numbers