The recent Steam Autumn Sale was the first to take advantage of the new Steam Discovery features, with a custom Netflix-esque "recommended for you" section alongside the hand-picked features. Notably, games from player's wishlists were prominently featured.
We present detailed data from our own game's experience since the Discovery Update.
- 50% of our game's sales in the Autumn Sale were wishlist fulfillments.
- We fulfilled 3.5% of our game's wishlist stats during the Autumn Sale.
- Valve tells us that customers' use of wishlists has doubled since the Discovery Queue was added.
- Baseline revenue increased 4X immediately after the Discovery update.
- We were featured in the Halloween Sale, a traditional "hand-picked" promotion with no custom recommendations.
- We were NOT featured in the Autumn Sale, but still made 30% as much as Halloween, likely b/c of custom recommendations.
- Game is ~3 years old, but every post-Discovery update period made more than last year.
Some limitations and caveats apply (this is only one data developer's experience, etc).
Link to Original Source