User authenticates to machine & SSOs over to Google Apps & done. Since it seems that you're in Wisconsin, contact the IdP folks at UW-Madison: firstname.lastname@example.org. They can likely assist you with setting things up.
Assuming the cost is on the same scale, would you pay a few hundred grand for a few weeks in orbit?
Would I if I had it to spend? Absolutely. Can I or most of us afford to spend the cost of a house on this? Sadly, no.
I suspect most of us will never get to do this, which sucks. Because I would dearly love to do this before I die.
Folks said the same thing about:
The US has some amazing restrictions and employment laws. For example, I am a US citizen born abroad. Because I was born abroad and lived abroad, I didn't sign up for "Selective Service". Well, duh. However, this makes me ineligible for most government jobs or indeed student loans. (Yes, I have been told this in person by government officials.) I may have lived in the US now for over half my life, paid taxes, yadda yadda yadda, but if I want additional schooling then I'd have to go back to my country of origin (England) because I'd be refused it here.
So, why not just sign up for the Selective Service & get on with life? It takes just a few minutes to fill out the forms.
I didn't have a contract with my old Cingular/AT&T service, nor do I have one with my new VirginMobile service. I also don't have a contract with Netscape ISP, or Dish Network. I *chose* not to take their offered contracts, and you could do the same, if you don't like being locked-in for 1-2 years.
I did the exact same thing with Comcast for internet and Dish for TV. They came at me with a contract, I declined & told them I'm definitely going elsewhere then as their competitors contracts come with more stuff. They caved.
Also, unlike most other services, with TracFone you don't own your number. You decide to switch carriers and your phone number goes with it. Personally keeping my number is worth quite a bit more than $350. To each his own though.
According to TracFone's FAQ. They will allow you to transfer your number out of TracFone, but your personal information on the TracFone account must match the information on the new carrier's account. Source
I don't understand why those with PVRs still watch the ads.
In our case, the wife likes watching the ads as it's her primary way to learn about new products and services.
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.