1. Greece will never be able to repay the loans.
2. Forcing the country to either default or accept further austerity is causing a humanitarian crisis in the country.
2.1 The lower middle class and poor are literally without food or care. We would not accept that in any other western country
3. Unemployment among the young is 50%.
3,1 Everyone who can leave the country is leaving
4. Trying to make Greece into an example, is forcing #2, should be abhorrent to any civilized persons. The fact that past politicians created the problem should not make it palatable to us.
5. A lot of the money that was 'loaned' to Greece, exited the country immediately in the form of purchases of German/French goods even military equipment. It's not like all these loans stayed in the country. Many loans were issued with such conditions.
6. Siphoning euros out of a struggling economy to pay debts will further deteriorate that economy.Not saying that not paying the debts is ok, just saying that action will further destroy the country.
7. Greek tourism which was the country's main source of income suffered greatly with the Euro.