Bonus Fact: Many Indians use the term "allopathy" when referring to conventional medicine. Not sure how widespread this usage is across the world.
The regulatory body says that it has received large number of comments from the stakeholders on its Consultation paper on "Regulatory Framework for OTT services". So to aid the reading of comments, it has divided them into three blocks — 'comments from the service providers', 'comments from the service providers' association' and 'comments from other stakeholders' (this includes individuals, organizations, consulting firms etc)
In the meantime, the TRAI website remains inaccessible after a DDoS attack by Anonymous India, the hacker collective, apparently in retaliation for the date breach.
- I create a website which propagates falsehoods about Pastafarians. I tie up with the ISPs to allow free access to my website. Lots of people start fanatically believing everything that they read on my website since they do not have access to other websites which offer unbiased opinions.
- I create an app for transferring money. For each transaction I deduct a certain amount for my services but my app itself can be accessed for free. People end up paying for each transaction even though there might be other apps(not tied up with ISPs) which transfer money without any extra charges. In fact, a certain percentage of people won't even know that other alternatives exist.
- Citizens can use it to securely store documents in the DigiLocker storage system. The storage limit is currently set at 10MB but will be increased to 1GB in the future. Stored documents can be shared with email recipients.
- Government agencies on issuing a document can upload copies of the document in the digital locker repository and push the document URI to the user's digital locker.
- Government agencies can also request secure access to documents in the repository or in a specific digital locker for verification purposes.
- An e-Sign facility is provided to users as part of DigiLocker system to digitally sign e-documents.