writes: The PHP development team is proud to announce the immediate availability of PHP 5.5.0. This release includes a large number of new features and bug fixes.
The key features of PHP 5.5.0 include:
- Added generators and coroutines.
- Added "finally" keyword.
- Added simplified password hashing API.
- Added support for constant array/string dereferencing.
- Added Class Name Resolution As Scalar Via "class" Keyword
- Added support for using empty() on the result of function calls and other expressions
- Added support for non-scalar Iterator keys in foreach
- Added support for list in foreach
- Added Zend Opcache extension and enable building it by default.
- The GD library has been upgraded to version 2.1 adding new functions and improve existing functionality.
- A lot more improvements and fixes