- There are some dedicated apps for tablets I often wish I had on my laptop. It wouldn't be hard to get these apps on Windows, there is just a lack of a built-in app store model to make it easy. Plus making app install/uninstall easier on a computer is a good thing (not sure if this will be the case).
- When using my tablet at home I often finding myself wishing I had a keyboard, and I almost always end up reaching for our 13" laptop to get stuff done.
The way the media portrays these things, you'd think there isn't any room for a device that has the best of both laptop and tablet worlds, but I'm a believer. Maybe not with this version though, maybe Win8 SP1 or Win9?
2. Write down all the shows you like to watch on a regular basis
3. Determine the other means of obtaining those shows other than pay tv (Antenna, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc)
4. Decide the best choice for you by what features and shows you want
We went through this couple years ago and settled on a Tivo with an Antenna. We supplement with Netflix and Amazon.
To add to this point - the pond isn't a small as you think it is, but some of your expectations will have to change. You might have to take an evening class to learn a new skill, you'll probably have to take a pay cut, you might have to do more business travel, etc. For every recruiter that says that you must OWN a language, there are plenty of companies out there that value a diverse background and don't need someone to build the next twitter. I'd recommend looking at some of the smaller consulting companies in your area.