Well we have a few groups who would be resistant.
1. They are sick of being told how evil and bad we humans are! The news organization/scientific community. Have done a piss poor job at explaining the issues. By making us feel bad that we are killing cute animals or will cause New York City to flood. Will cause some people into action. But others who feel they cannot help, because it means giving up stuff they really need or like, is like telling a kid that he is Bad all the time, after a while they believe it and will live up to the expectation.
2. Religious humility. Normally Humility is a good aspect that religion teaches. However in this case, the idea how can we such little people be causing a world wide problem. Then you can combine some religions who feel a god will come down and save them.
3. Inconvenient truth. There are a lot of good people working for the Oil and Gas companies. However if it means their jobs are at risk and they won't be able to feed their families. They will not believe the science as it will cost them.
4. Conspiracy: There are a lot of people afraid of some dark secrete society trying to control people. If this society infuses the schools and scientists to believe that CO2 causes global warming. They can use that to control peoples lives, by having them go use less efficient energy, Where we cannot grow food, causing a famine where we will need to go to them for help. Thus infusing their power base.
5. Misunderstanding and distrust of science: Their biggest argument is that during the 1970's when we had a lot of smog, there was talk about global cooling, as the smog will block out the sun. The media doesn't help when they tout every hypothesis before there is any solid evidence as fact. So these people get mixed messages so they just choose to pick what they like and not.