writes "According to an article in the New York Times, when the Large Hadron Collider starts up again, it will test an unusual theory: that God or the Universe is so against the production of the Higgs boson, that it will reach back in time to prevent it's discovery."Link to Original Source
writes "Borland is rolling out Delphi for PHP.
According to the press release ...
Important features of Delphi for PHP include:
VCL for PHP is based on the most popular open source PHP scripts and libraries, including Qooxdoo, Adodb, DynAPI, Smarty, XAjax and JSCalendar. Inspired by VCL for Delphi, the component architecture is 100 percent written in PHP. Developers can create and integrate components into the IDE and extend the existing components to fit their needs. VCL for PHP is an open source library available on SourceForge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/vcl4php
- RAD environment for PHP
- VCL for PHP — Open source PHP 5 visual component library with more than 50 extendable and reusable components with seamless AJAX integration
- Out-of-the-box database integration with InterBase, MySQL, Oracle®, Microsoft SQL Server, and other popular databases
Integrated PHP debugger
- Deployment of PHP applications on Windows, Linux, Solaris and other platforms
- Internationalization support for applications
- Drag and drop database application development using the Data Explorer for InterBase and MySQL
- Code editor with Code Insight, Code Explorer, and Code Templates, making it easier and faster to write PHP code
This sounds pretty cool, I loved Delphi for win32 up until version 3. What do you all think? Does this have the potential to take web applications to a higher level of sophistication by using reusable components and drag and drop ajax controls?"