Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment LotR, authors (Score 1) 1397

For my personal machines I've long used the last names of my favorite authors: Eco, Calvino, Borges, Pavic....

At a startup we used names drawn from Tolkien's 'Lord of the Rings' to name practically everything. Unfortunately, I think that only really made sense to me. Servers were named after rivers (Anduin, Rauros, ...), the wireless GWs after wizards (Gandalf, Ragadast). The biggest problem I had was that most of the names were too unfamiliar to the rest of the office for them to remember or spell correctly.

jbgreer

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...