Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
I just want to make sure that's what you're saying... because you know, blame Bush.
These companies have been doing this for years... Facebook, Apple, Google, etc. There has been news story after news story about this, and yet the same people who complain that the "super rich" and "big" corporations don't pay their fair share of taxes, are the same people who are shifting their tax burden outside of the United States to Ireland or Jamaica or wherever else they can get away with cheaper taxes.
And to make it even more silly, the people who do the biggest complaining about individuals and corporations not paying their fair share are either the Liberal-Progressive CEOs, COOs, and other executives at this big technology firms, or it's the minions that constantly and mindlessly buy their products or use their services which allows them to collect all this money to just shift their tax burden to another country.
Oh yeah and let's not forget that it was OBAMA that cut NASA's budget and cancelled the shuttle program. You're worthless as a human being.
Or let's look at a source that doesn't specialize in enema tasting.
25% federal budget goes to Medicare and Medicaid, 23% to Social Security (totalling 48%).
Defense spending is 18%.
I'm sure the numbers are skewed more towards Medicare/Medicaid and Social security for Obama's 2014 proposal.
Now go back to your hole and stop getting news from the biggest shitrag in the world.
Mandatory? Fascism much?
Probably because bi-partisanship in Congress is non-existent... and whenever one party proposes a bill/amendment/impeachment/takeout menu, it's immediately rejected by the other party. So the only way for anyone to do anything is to put it on the shoulders of the *others* in a big PR stunt-type action that makes the 24 hour news cycle giddy.
When I went to their site to find out how "unique" I was, the site launched a java applet. This isn't tracking browsers at this point, it's tracking JVM's too. If you're allowed to have the browser launch a third party application, then might as well launch an
Slashdot has been hiring mentally handicapped people as moderators since 1997. Now that's truly groundbreaking!
The military has been working on what I'd call troop supplement vehicles. Basically, they are small cart vehicles able to carry a couple thousand pounds. They can follow a soldier around, or manually controlled to perform delivery tasks during a fire fight. Beats a 40% increase in strength by far.
All of the graphs that I saw from your three sources, except for one, only date to 2000. How can you argue about post-2000 data by showing pre-2000 data? That doesn't make sense. Are you just ignoring the last 8 years because that data contradicts your false ideas about climate change? It sure seems that way to me.
According to reputable news sources like the BBC (they are reputable, right?)... their chart shows a 0.2C difference between 1998 (hottest on record) and 2008. This shows a definite trend towards cooler temperatures.
No... I don't agree. I'm not going to bash the United States like the other replies, but I will give a more rounded answer.
Government is always BAD. Whether it's German, American or Martian. I would rather GOVERNMENT not have control of ANYTHING. That's the only way we can remain free.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington
But didn't you sign the 1 year contract along with the agreement saying they could change the terms whenever they wanted? So, wouldn't that have been YOUR mistake... for being an ill-informed broadband consumer without any recourse when the provider changed the terms beyond your liking?
BUT WAIT... the government is here to protect you from your own stupid mistakes. YAY the govenrment!
Let's use a comparative example:
There have only been a "few examples" of people buying fertilizer to make bombs, so the gov't is going to pass regulation to make sure fertilizer can no longer be purchased.
Is that enough of a reason for ya?