Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
Oh wait...I already do that. By not using twitter.
Exactly. That's why this is not a privacy problem.
- the data that the app reads is otherwise available to the app user
- the app applies some level of expert-system analysis to identify potentially life-threatening issues
- the app then alerts the app user about the potential problem
- the app user is directed to the potentially troubling tweets for review
The charity behind the app has now added the ability to opt-out of the above. Of course there's nothing to prevent another app / service to do all of the above because these are tweets that are still available.
The MAYDAY PAC is like David trying to beat Goliath in a fist fight. Don't fight on his terms, use the sling, idiot!
I believe the idea is that the money raised by "real people" will be used differently than that raised by corporations. The PAC is the funding mechanism which will be used to consolidate and coordinate "real people" who want to positively affect change. In other words: this is a campaign to raise the money for a sling.
(1) implement the Board of Director's idea as-is;
(2) encourage the Board (and anybody else who supports the idea) that they need to really market the hell out of it;
(3) at the same time create a series of spurious emails to the project backers telling them what a terrible idea the project is;
(4) stay home and watch the news the day that the system goes live;
(5) watch as the villagers storm the company castle and the board of directors (and associated greedy imbeciles) are summarily tossed out on their pointy heads;
(6) return to a company which is now free of these fools;
"Last I checked, male university students don't get free escorts home at night, yet female university students around here do."
Not sure what university that would be but you might want to check again, anybody who wants a free escort home at night at the several universities I've been to will get one regardless of their gender.
And it actually is your problem not as a male / female / whatever but as a PERSON. Get it? If you wait until something affects YOU directly and until then just sit around with your head in the sand then you are a part of the problem.
In addition to discounts techsoup also has a wealth of articles on tech-related issues for nonprofit management. http://techsoup.org/