These things are designed to be almost instantaneous.
Wait till you try to sell it.
Because for 60A they use different types. The gauges used at 20A and lower are more prone to failure. So getting a 60A wire and running 20A over it would be safer than getting an appropriately sized wire. Copper doesn't have that problem, and you always use the smallest wire for the job.
The problem with aluminum wiring was not that it couldn't handle the load. While a continuous run of aluminum wire does not present a problem, when that wire is connected to outlets and light switches the connection can deteriorate and become a fire hazard.
The problem was that it "flows" under the pressure of the connecting screws AND it oxidizes when exposed to air. Its a double whammy waiting to happen in every outlet or junction box.
Logs tell a lot more than some volunteer fireman. Especially a fireman who can't determine
which melted first, the connector or the wall outlet.
(Not surprising since the field of fire investigation is full of voodo and disprove pseudo science.)
All that is know is where the fire started at the outlet.
We know it wasn't a short circuit. Breakers would have tripped.
We know it wasn't an arc, AFCI (required in garages) would have tripped.
Most likely cause is shade tree electrician swapping in a bigger breaker to compensate
for the fact that the original one kept tripping, without considering the heating
effect that might have on the wire gauge used. That heating could occur anywhere
along the circuit, but it most likely will occur where the wiring is attached to the
If simple spade connectors (push in) were used, (instead of screws), since they have a very small
contact point on the wire, that's where the heating will occur. A loose screw would act
Any load could have caused that. But I'm betting a faulty or oversized breaker was to blame.
Probably switched out the breaker for a larger one, because the original smaller one kept tripping.
I'm guessing it was an older structure, because a newer one would have GFIC and/or AFIC on that circuit.
Try looking up the word OR.
If your circuit breaker didn't blow first, then it is definitely a problem with the building wiring, and not the fault of the iron.
It will probably be found that the guy put in a bigger breaker because the small one kept tripping off, but the wiring
couldn't handle that much draw.
Its killed a lot of children already.
But that isn't why they would hide it, they would hide it because its not sensational and leaves no avenue to envy attacks on people who own tesla cars.
They aren't going to kill cell phones for such an event.
First they would have to know the phone number of each participant, and if they had that information they would learn more by simply tapping the phone.
If they wanted to shut it down, they would do what the Secret Service does.
The crackers will figure out how to trigger the remote kill switch without your authorization, bricking thousands if not millions of phones.
Or the goobernmint will...
The government wants to track you, and record your calls, and your cell phone makes that easy.
Why would they decide to kill that when it is worth so much more to them when its working?
The fire was started between the wall socket and the charger.
It says no such thing. You seem to practice selective reading.
This could suggest issues with the building's electrical supply, rather than with the vehicle.
The high resistance connection was most likely inside the wall socket, usually bad connections of the house wiring, or undersized wiring.
This is very typical of aluminum wiring. Although the mainstream press won't report that even if it is discovered to be such.
The tesla wasn't damaged.
Whoops, butchered that comment. Meant to say an oily rag will spontaneously ignite if left for a few hours. You can try it yourself.
Not likely if its just motor oil.
You have to watch the video you posted almost half way through before he reveals its Rosewood Oil, a natural oil used for furniture finishing.
Further, the pile has been manipulated during the video, the most obvious time is just before he says "About a half hour later".
Be that as it may, there was no oily rags involved in this garage fire. A faulty outlet, with cardboard boxes stacked nearby.
This is where Musk's Hubris is going to be a problem.
There's no way that he can know for sure what happened in the fire, and he's going to risk having to eat crow -- lots and lots of crow -- if he's proven wrong.
Ah, the car wasn't damaged: From the Link:
The incident caused up to $25,000 of damage, though the Model S itself sustained only light smoke damage. Nobody in the house was injured.
So if the car started the fire it must have been playing with matches and went running to its owner when its pile of legos actually caught fire.
Faulty house wiring is the source.
Why use someone else's cloud when you can plug your own? That, and the money stays in-house instead of going to a competitor.
And why build your own cloud when you can have your users fund it for you. If Microsoft wasn't funneling off resources from Azure for their own pet projects, who much less would it cost the average user?