Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
Regardless of the reason or the method that they used, they LISTENED to their customer base and made appropriate adjustments. I may not like the fact that they're still collecting data but I think they did the right thing given their position. Jesus people, you just can't be happy can you?
The info will be collected no matter what. We simply have no say in it. If you don't like it, create your own chips, write your own code, manufacture your own products. It's what is DONE with that info that we should be focused on.
Casting a wide net is a good strategy. Giving the punk ass fuckin police and other gubment agencies freedom to do whateverthefuck they want with that info, including harassment, torture, black mail etc, is just fucking despicable.
I for one, would prefer the NSA not exist, not collect data AND not share it, but let's get real... I also prefer that guns not exist, but guess what, they DO. And so I'm glad I have the freedom to purchase one to protect my family because it's already too late. GUNS EXIST. NSA EXISTS. Now let's deal with this shit.
Mod this up. There is so much logical fallacy in this thread, it disgusts me. I cannot believe that grown @$$ people cannot THINK.
1. Harming ANYONE is bad, not just children.
2. How does viewing the evidence of harm (without financial support) support the harming of the individual in question? If that were true, then we are ALL guilty of supporting crimes against people (murder videos, Rodney King beating etc)
3. Rape is rape, doesn't matter who the victim is. Stop trying to put child rapists in a class of their own.
4. Being attracted to ANYONE does NOT imply intent to rape. Get it through your head. Most of you are fscking retarded. Seriously...
- Xstensible Brilliant Media Center
- X11 Bitchin' Media Center
- posiX, But others too, Media Center
- Xquisite Basic Media Center
- Xpert Basic Media Center
- Xpertly Built
- Xquisitely Built...
I could go on... I'm with the others here that say they should have just kept the damn acronym. It's bad enough that we have to keep track of name changes that occur when projects change leaders or get forked. Businesses often stick with dumb names because it's better for their reputation. I feel like it would have been easy to keep the acronym. I'm disappointed. I think it sucks that I have to call it Kodi now. XBMC sounds cool to me like XMMS. I dunno.. I'm old