Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
- Interfacing with the billing system using SOAP
- Interfacing with Oracle EBS for inventory and logistics
- Development in accordance to PCI guidelines for credit card handling
- User tracking and analytics
- Error handling and logging
- CMS integration
- Front end development using: AngularJS, Bootstrap, less, Grunt, nodejs
- Unit testing
And this is just some of what is involved with this one project, so how is this less challenging than creating some application using C/C++? Just because C++ requires manual memory allocation or bounds checks it is somehow more challenging? I have worked as a C++ developer for several years on a very large commercial software and it had its own challenges, but it was no more challenging than building large enterprise applications geared towards the web.