That's just one example, and they do make their mistakes (as does everyone). Here are some successes:
* Bloomberg and other news organizations openly refuse to publish reports critical of the Chinese government.
* Major US universities sacrifice academic freedom in order to get funding for Confucius Institutes
* Hollywood films that you may have watched last night are written and edited to appease Chinese censors.
* Norway's government refused to meet the Dalai Lama, to appease China.
* Taiwan has diplomatic relations with few countries, because they don't want to anger China.