Head ripping off is considered a most humane, swift and painless method:
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
A wild black hole appears.
It attacks sun with gravity.
It's super effective.
It seems to be easier and faster to switch the battery, load it in sufficient time, and switch it into another car
Of course there are some things that need to be adressed (who "owns" the battery, standardisation and safety issues), but if it's technically doable the finance folks and lawyers usually come up with a design to cover the rest.
... oh, this isn't about some IRC mod.
Nevertheless, same rules apply.
Aparently it's about this article: http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2010/pdf/5469.pdf
1) Producing the desired magnetic field with the proposed wire-loop can't work, you can probably get a few gigawatt from Maxwell rotating in his grave in result of that paper.
2) The electric current in the wireloop is aparently driven by a static electric field, ever hear about static electric fields being conservative?
3) Somehow electric current is generated by catching electrons, but where do they leave the System?
4) Where does the energy come from to separate electrons and protons from the plasma? To put some spatial distance between positive and negative charge you need energy.
5) A sail of 8.400 km with (square or what?) shall produce 10^27 W of energy. That means over a 4-Billionth (1/4*10^9) of the solid angle of the sun it produces 2.5 times the total energy output of the sun. Surrounding the sun completely with these contraptions should yield 10^10 times the total energy production of the sun.
This paper can't even stand up to basic highschool-physics.