- Before: Iraq have WMD, plenty of them, and they plan to use them agains US. We have proof of all of this, but we show them only to few peoples.
- After: No WMD were found. Not even a mass scale searching was done. The only unauthorized weapon found in inspections was long range missiles, and the one that was sucessfully used during the war agains Kuwait did a minor harm, not contained chemical nor biological threats.
- Kill Saddam:
- Before: Saddam was the entire goal of the war. US will not even start the war if Saddam gets killed. They wanted to do a surgical attack to only kill Saddam and go out of Iraq
- After: After taking Bagdad they lost interest on Saddam, assumed that it was killed after bombing his bunker and stoping searching for him, even if there are rumors, videos, etc that points that he is alive. After Bagdad was taken, and Saddam was assumed dead, they continued to attack the remaining cities of Iraq.
- Combating Terrorism: no ties on international terrorism, Al-qaeda, etc, were found nor being even proved, either before or after the war.
- Promotion of Democracy:
- Before: We will free the Iraquis from a despotic/criminal/etc government. We will give them Democracy. We are the leaders of the free world.
- After: they give them Anarchy. They feel that they (not the iraqis) have the rigth to decide who can be candidate and who not. American "freedom" is more like corporate freedom, and individuals (or satellite countries) are getting less rights and freedoms as time goes. And... assuming and saying that another culture and maybe way of thinking want our way of government is like saying that all Poland wanted to have a Nazi government
- Geneva convention:
- During the war: Iraqi forces showed US soldiers taken prisioners on TV, that violates Geneva Convention, cried all high level US politics.
- Since more than a year ago: "Al-Qaeda" prisioners held in Guantanamo were shown in TV a lot of times, and they have there a lot of people under the 16 age, probably a lot of children there.
- Rescue the Iraqi people:
- Before: we do this for the Iraqis
- After: the top priorities were to make sure that the oil wells are ok. One of the first things that was done after the war is over is to cut an oil line that sended oil to Syria. US soldiers did nothing to protect 7000 years old archeological treasures, and stolen pieces there were found in USA days after.
- Iraq has ignored the UN resolution: UN also says that the war should not be started, and US ignored it, damaging more the UN credibility and maybe existence than Iraq
- Only to Iraq:
Maybe this shows a little better what could have been the real reasons of this war.
When I have to give a reason to a newbie on why not buy anything from spammers, I only have to point that the spammer evidently is a liar (forged mail address), a thief (stole bandwidth, and resources from the people that he used as open relay) and have not respect for the end user (being spammed without asking is a start), so it should not to be trusted at all. Now, we see that US government, in relation with this war also lied, also have not respect for the intelligence of US citizens nor for UN, for the human rights, for the people that they say that are protecting, and for the human life. Maybe all this war was an act of thief (a violent one, killing a lot of soldiers, civilians, giving chaos to a country that, well or bad, don't had it) and all could be for oil, not justice